Sunday, January 17, 2010

Catching UP!

Catching up.... Ketchup.. Get it?? lol

I can't figure out if Sunday is meant for relaxing at the END of a long busy week, or for preparing for the START of another long and busy week. Any Ideas?
Either way today is Sacred Sunday, and I plan to barricade myself in the kitchen and immerse myself in some traditional cooking.
I found a wonderful fresh, free range organic Turkey before Christmas, however with the business of the holidays I ended up freezing it. This morning I hauled its ass out of the deep freeze and presently it is thawing in the kitchen sink. I plan on whipping up some roasted garlic mashed potatoes, stuffing and lemon meringue pies as well.
I enjoy being in the kitchen (maybe a little too much), but ever since my Mom instilled me with her supreme cooking skills, and my Grandmother taught me her secret pie dough recipe I can't seem to tear myself away from the exciting whirl of a blender, or the pleasure of opening an oven to reveal a perfectly baked pie.
So now I am off to the groceries store, I have a few things to pick up before I am ready to put the Turkey and pies in the oven. Stay tuned, I will post some pictures tonight of my baking and cooking endeavours. Until then, check out 2 of my favourite bloggers who making cooking seem easy!
Suzie the Foodie - From cookies to turkeys. Suzie has some amazing dishes to check out.
Memoirs of a Meatless Year - Some of my favourite Vegetarian recipes are right here! Check out her Cashew Curry!
Embrace the Journey,
Bret

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome!
And I think you should stuff the turkey with lemon meringue :)

Suzie Ridler said...

Well I am obvious biased when I say I totally love hearing about your life in the kitchen. Sundays in the kitchen are special, a beautiful dinner before the weekly madness begins again. The last moments of quiet before the storm although I am including the sounds of whirring food processors and mixers in the so-called quiet. I am so glad that you will be making such a fantastic feast, nothing more sacred to me than food but it appears you already know that about me. ;) Thanks for the link and happy adventures in your kitchen today!

Jane said...

Good morning!! Thanks for that plug :)) I wish I was able to get in the kitchen more, It comes and goes. I found a canadian blogger who cooks the most amazing things and posts them every single day. I'm simply in awe. Check it out over here: http://closetcooking.blogspot.com/

Can't wait to hear more about your turkey and pies!!

Unknown said...

How was the turkey? Hope everything is WONDERFUL for you! :) See you soon!

Anonymous said...

Don't stop posting such articles. I love to read articles like this. By the way add more pics :)

Anonymous said...

Hi!
You may probably be very interested to know how one can manage to receive high yields on investments.
There is no initial capital needed.
You may commense to get income with a sum that usually is spent
for daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one company's work for several years,
and I'll be glad to share my secrets at my blog.

Please visit blog and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I earn 1000-2000 per day now.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

Nadya said...

Bret - good to 'see' you back!!! & the feast sounds delish - I went for lunch with my dau - Thai (yum!!) & came home to concoct a fresh green salad . . . .
Great that you & Ben are doing so well - yes, isn't it great to be in a 'normal' & sane relationship?!
HUGS from Oregon

shyvonne said...

I'm glad things are going good for you. Maybe you could post pie crust tips, mine are so ugly.

Jane said...

Good morning! I just gave you an award over at my blog. Now, make my readers proud and get posting here every day... lol!!!! Happy Friday :)

Anonymous said...

Hello everyone!
I would like to burn a theme at here. There is such a nicey, called HYIP, or High Yield Investment Program. It reminds of ponzy-like structure, but in rare cases one may happen to meet a company that really pays up to 2% daily not on invested money, but from real profits.

For quite a long time, I earn money with the help of these programs.
I'm with no money problems now, but there are heights that must be conquered . I make 2G daily, and my first investment was 500 dollars only.
Right now, I'm very close at catching at last a guaranteed variant to make a sharp rise . Visit my blog to get additional info.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

Blog Widget by LinkWithin